Uploading documents at a stakeholder and transactional level for individuals to view and download
There are two areas on Capdesk where you can upload documents for individual stakeholders to access:
- Stakeholder page: the area where you can edit the personal details of the stakeholder and can be updated at any time
- On the transaction: this is specific to the transaction (i.e. option grant or share issuance) and can only be uploaded whilst the transaction is in draft format
Both methods can be used to associate documents to any types of equity (i.e. options, shares, convertible notes etc). Individual stakeholders will only be able to view the documents associated to their stakeholder profile.
1. Stakeholder page:
To upload documents at a stakeholder level, first navigate to the 'Cap Table' page located on your left side menu. Find the stakeholder you wish to associate the document to and click on the '...' action button followed by 'Modify Stakeholder'.
You can select the specific category of the document, then select the file you want to upload and save.
Click on the green 'Save Stakeholder' button to save the document to the stakeholder's record.
To view the uploaded document, select the stakeholder name to open a more in-depth view of the stakeholder information. Expand the 'Stakeholder Documents' drop down to view the attached document(s).
The individual stakeholder will be able to view the uploaded document, provided that they have signed up to Capdesk and your company account is live.
2. Attaching documents to specific transaction:
Please note this option is only available if the transaction is still in draft status.
To upload documents at a transactional level, first locate the individual transaction.
For example, navigate to the 'Options' page and select an issuance that is in draft status (it will not allow you to edit if the data is already published). Select the '...' action button and choose the 'Edit' function.
Again, you can select the category of the file you are uploading, choose the document and click save to upload to the transaction. The optionholder will now be able to view the document once they log in.
Documents can be uploaded at a transactional level in various areas of Capdesk including the below:
- Share issuances, conversions, transfers and cancellations
- On a specific share class, a specific share split and valuations
- Offline option grant issuance, cancellation and exercise
- Convertible note issuance, repayment and conversion