To be able to edit personal information across your stakeholders on Capdesk.
1) Find stakeholder details
To view a stakeholders’ details, go to the Cap Table tab (under Ownership) -> Find the stakeholder (use the search bar) -> Click on the stakeholder's name.
You will see a side bar on the right with the stakeholder's details including:
- Basic Information: stakeholder category, name and email
- Profile: the current settings for the stakeholder
- Address: the address of the stakeholder
- Portfolio: any other companies the stakeholder has invested in
- Notes and Comments: any additional notes and comments included
2) Modify Stakeholder Details
You can modify stakeholders details either on the Cap table page (for individual updates) or the Stakeholders page (for both individual and bulk updates)
a. The Cap table section
To modify a stakeholder's details, go to the Cap Table tab (under Ownership) -> Find the stakeholder (use the search bar) -> click on the three dotted action button (...) -> Edit Stakeholder.
|Please note, if the stakeholder you want to amend the details of has been issued an online grant, and the transaction is still in progress (In signing), you will first need to cancel the transaction, amend the details as explained above, then re-issue the grant.|
You can edit their personal details, add any additional details/notes/ comments and upload documents if the stakeholder has not signed up to Capdesk.
There might be fields that are shown as locked (or greyed out). Please note the Stakeholder type field is not amendable, meaning if you need to change this (e.g. change an account from individual investor to company investor), you will need to revoke the transactions completely and re-issue under the correct account type.
If other fields appear as locked, it means the sync option (Always synchronise user data to associated stakeholders) is enabled. To unlock these fields, you will first need to disable this option by going to Settings - Settings and Add-Ons - untick the Always synchronise user data to associated stakeholders option - Save.
b) The Stakeholders page
To individually update a stakeholder's details on the Stakeholders page, Click the action button (...) next to the stakeholder - Edit Stakeholder.
To bulk update details of your stakeholder, you will need to do it via an import file. First, download the .csv file which will be automatically filled with the current information available on the platform.
To do this, on the Stakeholders page, click on the green Edit stakeholders button - Bulk update details - Export CSV.
The file will be sent to you email address where you will be able to download it.
You can then update/amend the details of your current stakeholders as necessary directly in the import file.
When updating the import file, please note:
- the first column ID, is NOT to be modified. These ID numbers will match the stakeholders details with the stakeholder accounts on your platform.
- check your company account settings to see if the sync option (Always synchronise user data to associated stakeholders) is enabled or disabled. If this feature is enabled, some of the fields will be locked and not amendable from your end. These fields are: First name, Middle name, Last name, Personal email, Address 1, Postcode, City, Country, Date of birth and Personal ID. You can check this by going to Settings - Settings and Add-Ons - check for the Always synchronise user data to associated stakeholders. If disabled, you will be able to update/amend the fields mentioned above.
- you are not able to add new stakeholders via this import, only amend details of current stakeholders. To create new stakeholders, you will need to also issue their relevant transactions.
Once you have made the necessary amendments, save the file and upload it on the platform by going to Settings - Stakeholders - Edit stakeholders - Bulk update details - Upload CSV.
If successfull, you will see a confirmation message that your stakeholders details have been updated. If however the import file has not been correctly amended, you will see an error message explaining what needs to be corrected.
3) Delete a stakeholder account
You can delete a stakeholder entry that has no published transactions in the company account. Commonly, this will be in instances where a stakeholder has been issued a draft transaction that has since been deleted.
Go to the Settings - Stakeholders - click the action button (...) next to the stakeholder -> Delete stakeholder.
You will then have to confirm the deletion on the pop-up.