Capdesk from Carta is now upgrading the way shares, convertible loan notes and grants are being issued to stakeholders.
To help track the health of their equity across all investments and at any given time, stakeholders will now have to accept their holdings once they will be issued for every published offline transaction.
|Please note that this update does not affect the data on Capdesk. Your company account will always show the latest transactions as entered from your side as an admin. However, if your stakeholders want to view their holdings from their own Capdesk accounts, they will need to accept the securities in-app.|
|n.b. You can find a step by step interactive product demo tour here.|
How the feature works?
The acceptance notification emails will only be sent for companies that are currently Live, meaning you have already published your data and made it available to your stakeholders. These notifications will be sent to:
- all stakeholders who have not yet created an account but have published transactions.
- all stakeholders who have a Capdesk account, but only for new transactions that will be issued going forward (share issuances, convertible loan notes or offline grant issuances)
|Please note, if the stakeholder owns equity through a holding company and haven't yet created an account, they will need to also claim their company following this process.|
Email notification reminders
- if the stakeholder does not accept their securities after they receive the email notification, there will be a set of reminder notification emails triggered after 24 hours, then 5, 10, 20, 30 and 90 days.
How to accept a security
- once the stakeholder receives the email notification, they will have to click on the button shown in their email to either sign up or log in to their Capdesk account.
- they will then be automatically redirected to their Task page where they will see an acceptance link for their holdings.
- by clicking on the transaction link under the Information column, a pop-up screen will show on the right hand-side, showing additional information on the transaction, as well as a link at the bottom of the pop-up page, to contact the investment company directly for any clarification.
- once they click on the acceptance link, a confirmation message will show up on their screen and they will have access to their portfolio.
- a confirmation email will also be triggered and sent to their email address inbox.