Capdesk from Carta is rolling out a series of engagement emails to employees. The emails inform employees when:
- Their vesting cliff passes
- When 50%, 75% and 100% of their options have vested
- The grant value has increased or decreased
|This feature is only available if your account is live.|
How does the feature work?
- We check for changes daily and emails are sent out at 9am UTC - only once per day
1. The vesting cliff passes
- The emails will be sent on the day the cliff passes
- There will be no emails sent for grants with 0% cliffs
2. 50%, 75% and 100% of the grants have vested
- Triggered on the day that vesting passes 50% / 75% / 100%
- If multiple occur on one day for one grant, we only send the highest percentage
- Only triggered when the cliff already has passed
- Has to be an active grant (not revoked or cancelled)
- Immediate vest gets the 100% vested email
3. The grant value has increased or decreased (please note this is only applicable for public valuations added on the account)
- Triggered if the grant issuance date predates the public valuation date
- There is a change to the public valuation the grants belong to
- Grants are revoked or cancelled, so that the overall value of the equity is decreased
- We do not send the email if a public valuation has been inputted where there was none before
- Changes to all types of valuations (both share class and company level) will trigger the email
- Editing an existing valuation or adding a new one (in the scenario where there is at least 1 existing public valuations added already), will trigger the email notification
- If all public valuations will be deleted, no email will be triggered (as the value has not necessarily changed, just made unavailable)
A. For employees:
- should you wish not to receive these notification emails, you can turn this off by going to your Capdesk account - click on the person icon on the top right corner of your screen - User preferences - untick the checkbox Send important notifications by email under Email notification - Save.
B. For administrators:
- should you wish your employees not to receive the notification emails, you can disable this on your Capdesk account by going to Settings - Settings and Add-Ons - Basic settings - Notifications - untick the Keep your stakeholders informed about their equity and when there are updates to it (e.g. when vesting cliff is passed) checkbox - Save.
4. Monthly summary highlighting any changes to their equity (aka. the payslip)
- Goes out to all employees who have published investment transactions (shares or security grants).
- Goes out to employees quarterly (Jan 1, Apr 1, Jul 1, Oct 1) at 9am UTC
- Except for companies based in India and Singapore, who will receive the email monthly on the first day of the month at 9am UTC.
- If an employee belongs to 2 or more companies on Capdesk where 1 of the companies is based in IN or SG, they will get the email monthly.
This is part of a bigger push on our end to increase employee engagement. We believe that the more engaged the employees are in their equity, the more likely they are to stay at the company and work hard to impact the value of the company (and thus their own gains).
You can toggle these emails on/off under Settings -> Settings and Add-ons -> Notifications -> Keep your stakeholders informed about their equity and when there are updates to it (e.g. when vesting cliff is passed).
Please sign in to leave a comment.