You can merge duplicated stakeholders in Capdesk, keeping a single record in your cap table.
Stakeholders cannot be merged if:
- Both stakeholder accounts hold signed share certificates;
- Both stakeholders have share certificates for the same share class;
- There is a transaction in progress for any of the stakeholders;
- They are different stakeholder types;
1. Navigate to Company stakeholders > Stakeholders.
2. Click on the three-dotted button located on the right hand side of one of the stakeholder entries that you would like to merge > Merge stakeholder.
3. Select the second stakeholder that should be merged.
4. Select the surviving stakeholder entry and click Next.
5. You will be able to review the details of the merge.
6. Confirm you agree with the changes and click Start merge.
Stakeholders With Active Accounts
The next steps are only relevant if the deleted stakeholder has an active Capdesk account.
|Please note that in instances where the deleted stakeholder has an active account, they will receive an email to that address to confirm the merge. If the deleted stakeholder no longer has access to that email, please contact support.|
7. The stakeholder will receive an e-mail notification with an invitation to approve the merge.
8. The stakeholder should navigate to Tasks and click Approve.